Hope You're Hungry

I hope you're hungry. Because if you're not, you will be right after looking through this blog. But in all seriousness... the original purpose of this blog (and actually its current purpose as well) is simply to document all of the awesome recipes I've learned since I started cooking that aren't in the cookbooks that I own. This includes recipes that I've created myself, recipes that have been passed down to me from my family, and recipes that I've learned from friends/other chefs. It's more of a way for me to remember recipes and to be able to refer back to this if I forget how to make them, but it's written in a way that pretty much anyone can follow it quite easily and recreate all of the dishes that are shown. There will also be some celebrity appearances (aka contributions from chef friends of mine) so stay tuned and stay hungry!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Experimental... Stuffed Mushrooms

When I was in Seattle, I had stuffed mushrooms at the Cheesecake Factory and I was amazed at how good they tasted. The other night, my mother and I decided to try to make them. We didn't use a recipe - just kind of winged it instead, and it actually turned out really good. I'll probably get a real recipe sometime in the future but if you're in a fix and you don't have a lot of time or ingredients, here's a real easy one.

This is what you'll need:
- Big mushrooms (we bought a pack of big white mushrooms from Giant labeled "Stuffing Mushrooms")
- Ground meat.. any kind will do
- Bread crumbs
- Soy sauce
- Whatever herbs you like

First, get some ground meat... we used pork, but you could also use beef or anything else. Pork worked great but I imagine beef would be even better (maybe just because I like beef more).

Add a tablespoon or two of soy sauce, and then just sprinkle on some salt/pepper and various herbs. I think we used basil, thyme, and rosemary. Mix it all up in a bowl like so:


Next, you'll want to sprinkle some bread crumbs on top of this mixture and stir it up some more.


It's time to prepare the mushrooms. Get the mushrooms and cut around the stalk. Don't cut too deep... a pretty shallow cut around the base should do the trick. After cutting all the way around, the stalk should come out pretty easily.



Do this to all of the mushrooms.


Next, put the filling into the mushrooms.


Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the mushrooms. Add Parmesan cheese if you have it.. we didn't, but we would've added it if we did. Then sprinkle some olive oil over them so that they don't get too dry and burnt during the cooking.


Now all you gotta do is cook them! Pre-heat the oven to 400 or so and stick them in there until the meat is cooked thoroughly.

DELICIOSO!

No comments:

Post a Comment